Emanuel is a deal maker with a track record of providing and executing creative legal solutions with a business perspective. Known as an invaluable asset to business leaders, portfolio entrepreneurs and investors, he manages strategic transactions when greater control of the outcome counts, and serves as outside general counsel when day-to-day commitment matters the most. In either case it’s Emanuel’s ability to connect, listen, and execute that help clients rest easy.
He provides legal, business and operational advice to drive corporate strategy, increase revenue streams, ensure regulatory compliance, protect brand integrity, and mitigate risk and litigation in a variety of industries. Clients involved in aviation, aerospace and defense across the U.S. and abroad value his industry experience and proven ability to balance risk-taking and risk-management to accomplish business objectives.
Recognized skills include negotiation, structuring and execution of complex solutions, strategic thinking and relationship-building, business acumen and ability to collaborate and lead to maximize efficiency. He has negotiated and structured joint ventures, private mergers and acquisitions, commercial lending transactions, management buyouts, equity or debt financings, and government procurement contracts valued in the billions of dollars. As a former litigator, he is also called upon to assist clients with mission-critical internal and administrative investigations, risk assessments and compliance reviews.
Prior to forming Anton PC, Emanuel spent two years as an equity shareholder with the AmLaw 100 firm Polsinelli PC in their Denver office, where he co-chaired their Aviation, Aerospace and Defense, and Drones and Robotics practice teams. Before merging his practice into Polsinelli in 2015, he founded and grew the aviation and aerospace law group boutique ALG Attorneys since 2007.
Emanuel Anton designs and closes aircraft transactions by not only implementing creative corporate and structuring considerations, but also by helping uncomplicate regulatory and tax obstacles that can impede paths to success in this heavily regulated market.
In serving clients, Emanuel has marshalled more than 20 years of transactional, tax and regulatory experience over a wide variety of aviation matters. Over the course of his career Emanuel has advised on deals totaling in the billions. His practice has earned him a national and international reputation as a deal maker, with extensive experience in complex multi-jurisdictional purchase and sale transactions and related financings, aviation industry “rollups,” FAA Part 135 air carrier certifications, fractional operations, Part 23 aircraft type certifications, mergers and acquisitions, and cross border transactions throughout the United States, Central America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australia. He has represented companies and individuals in DOT, U.S. Customs and FAA enforcement proceedings and DOJ investigations. Emanuel’s clients have included corporate jet owners and operators, lessors, aircraft manufacturers, aircraft lenders, Part 135 air charter companies, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facilities, international and multi-national enterprises, and government agencies.
Today, Emanuel’s practice is primarily devoted to aircraft acquisitions and sales, federal and state tax efficient structures, including federal income tax planning and personal use of corporate aircraft, aircraft ownership and operating structures, financing, management arrangements, and regulatory compliance. As a leader in his field, he has authored multiple articles on these topics and regularly presents on these subjects to industry leaders.
Emanuel provides legal, business and operational advice to drive corporate strategy, optimize revenue potential, ensure regulatory compliance, protect brand integrity, and mitigate risk and litigation. Emanuel is committed to staffing every project to accommodate the timing of a deal and provides quick turnaround. He believes in avoiding deal killing behavior and focuses on helping clients balance risk-taking and risk-management to accomplish business objectives. As a result, he excels at driving commercial-legal favorable outcomes.
Prior to co-founding BizJet Law, Emanuel was an equity shareholder with an AmLaw 100 firm, where he co-chaired their Aviation practice, Aerospace and Defense practice, and Drones practice team. Before that, he founded and grew an aviation and aerospace law boutique.
• J.D., Nova Southeastern University Law Center, 2001
• B.A., University of South Florida, 1996
• Colorado, 2002
• American Bar Association, Aerospace and Defense Industries Committee, 2015-present
• Colorado Bar Association
• National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
• Colorado Aviation Business Association (CABA)
• Colorado Space Business Roundtable (CSBR)
• Association for Unmanned Systems International (AUVSI)
• Wings over the Rockies Captain Jeppesen Foundation
• Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, Board Member, 2014-Present
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® 5 out of 5 Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2011-Present
• Recipient of Avvo Clients’ Choice Award – Aviation, 2013-present
• Avvo Superb 10.0 Rating, 2014-present
• Wings Over the Rockies Captain Jeppesen Foundation, Founding Board Member, 2019-2021
• Global Chamber Denver, Founding Advisory Board Co-Chair, 2016
• Selected for inclusion in “Top 10 Business Newsmakers – Law” by Denver Business Journal PowerBook, 2014
• Leadership Denver, Class of 2014
• Selected for inclusion in “Forty under 40” by Denver Business Journal, 2013
• Selected for inclusion in “Rising Stars” by Colorado Super Lawyers, 2012
• Named “Top Young Attorney in Colorado” by 5280 Magazine, 2012
• Selected for inclusion in “GenXYZ Most Influential Young Professionals in Colorado” by ColoradoBiz, 2011
• Recipient of Colorado Bar Association’s “Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year” Award, 2010